If you are like most couples, you are a two-income family. Having time to spend together is difficult at best. You are also probably due for a vacation and that you are yearning for some alone time with your mate.
The great thing about weekend getaways is that you can get away during any season, snow or shine, and you will find plenty to do while you are away. Or you can do nothing at all, if that is your pleasure. Planning your vacation is the easy part. Picking the weekend is the hard part. Let S i Vacations help plan your getaway with different ideas and locations.
If you love the snow, but just not driving in it to get to work, then a winter wonderland vacation is for you. You can choose from a variety of lodging options such as:
- A bed and breakfast
- A country inn
- A log cabin
- A lodge
There are many activities that you can partake in on a winter wonderland, as well.
- You can go horseback riding in the snow
- Take a sleigh ride through a winter wonderland, just you and your honey
- Take in the view in front of a crackling fireplace
- Take in some hot yoga and get a hot stone massage
- Enjoy a romantic candlelight dinner for two overlooking some great mountain somewhere
What better way to end the summer than to take a weekend getaway; especially if you did not get the opportunity to go away with your love over the summer. You can enjoy the fall season in all its abundance in so many ways.
- Take a trip through the countryside and watch the leaves fall and be in awe of their changing colors
- Go apple and pumpkin picking
- Go antiquing
- Have a picnic under the stars
Warmer Weather Ideas
If you are looking for a few creative ideas for the spring or summer months, why not try these on for size.
- Camp right on the beach
- Rent out a small beach hut for the weekend
- Go to a winery and do a wine tasting
- Check out some local fresh fruit and produce and crafts at a local market fair
- Go see a movie under the stars
Spend time in small villages all over the United States. Just to name a few.
- Lake Tahoe, Nevada
- Phoenicia, New York
- Orange Beach, Alabama
- Napa, California
- Nantucket, Massachusetts
- Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania
As you can see, there is an endless stream of romantic ideas for each and every season. It is just a matter of choosing a season, and, of course, the reason is love. S i Vacations is here to help you from a long vacation to a short weekend getaway.
Discover the different places in the United States.